11.08.2009

With Love

Hey all!
First time I've participated in a challenge other than Simply Scrappings in a LONG while; darned camera broke out. But I guess it was a blessing in disguise, because our new camera looks better, acts better (doesn't shut off on us at random times), and takes better pictures.
So here are the two cards I made...

For the Quixotic Challenge "Birthday" and Paper Blooms "Blue, Orange and White"




Supplies: DCWV "Sweet", white cardstock, green cardstock, Scrappy Cat green ink, Sugarloaf stamp, ribbon, Sakura Souffle white pen 





 


Supplies: Making Memories "Noteworthy", buttons, twine, ribbon, cardstock, thread, Sugarloaf stamp, Joanns Essential Ink



I gotta tell you, adding buttons on my cards are DEFINITELY out of my comfort zone...but this looks okay. ;)


I don't know if you've heard, but these two are what I call 'scraplings'. I had square pre-folded cards, cut them down to standard size for other cards, and then was stuck with these little bits. So, I saw a photo of two beautifully stamped cards, and the creator called them "scraplings". Thus, scraplings. ;)

Another announcement, I've started a second blog dedicated to tutorials. I've just started it, so their is only one post, but if you need help with sewing, I may be able to help you...here is the link.

Have a great day!




10 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! I just LOVE the look of these! What is the exact size??? I need to do one (or more)of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, pretty! love the stitching on your card! thanks for playing along at the cps blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool cards & colors! so rare to see such long cards - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such funky cards! I like the size too! fabulous papers! Thanks so much for joining our first ever challenge at Quixotic Challenges. Hope to see you again next week! Hugs, Rowena-QP Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i love the size of these!! and both are fantastic :0) thanks for joining us on paper blooms this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. These scraplings are fabulous what a great idea! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I love these, love the tall and thin and the fab papers. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week and hope to see you for the new challenge tomorrow. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Cute! I love all the beautiful papers and the stitching is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Paper Maniac! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable! Great take on this weeks US sketch. So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scraplings... love the name, and I think these are my favorite cards of all time!! Totally rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)