4.30.2010

Rain Rain

 Hello!

I have a SSC Card challenge card for you today...all you have to do is make a card using four colors from THIS graphic (designed by yours truly) and add a twist, Spring. Easy!


This was inspired by THIS piece of art for Etsy Inspired (I thought it was raining, thus the umbrella) and by the 2S4Y sketch
I took the image from Cosmo Crickets "paper" and copied it using the printer so I could trace and cut out the extra umbrella. Then I distressed the edges and slightly inked them, and added the second umbrella. A button and a smidge of ribbon were added to tie everything off.
I don't know why my camera is coming out with these fuzzy pictures - I'm on Macro, Close-Up setting. I'm going to try something different with my next card, and I'll need you to let me know what you think.
 Anyways, I just wanted to share something; sometimes my cards will slide when I put them on the glassy-looking bottom of the photo (a laminating sheet, actually), and to keep propped right, I have this bunch to help me...


 They are actually the smallest thing in site to use when taking my pictures, so I just use them. ;)

Thanks for stopping in!

*****************************
Rainy Day card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket "Honey Pie"
Image: Cosmo Cricket "Honey Pie"
Ribbon: Offray
Button: unknown
Other: thread, ink from Martha Stewart

Tools: trimmer, scissors, printer, adhesive, foam dots

9 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love it! SO glad to have you as part of the team in May too!

    Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card! Love the way the umbrella is in separate pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! I use Lego pieces!!! ;-) Your card is so cute! Love the umbrella! I'll try to participate although the times are tough at home - both kids are sick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! love the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "inside scoop" LOL. Another great card Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your sweet card, Clare! so simple and pretty! i adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Perfect for me today. It's raining cats and dogs here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty - I Love the craft and the distressed edges
    thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)