12.06.2011

it's a party!

...for a very sweet friend, Virginia! Of course, as soon as I saw that Virginia's birthday was coming up, I had to make a card, but then I saw that she's also having a party to celebrate her 50th right HERE - how fun? :) I actually made this card a few days after she posted the deets, but I wanted the card to reach her before I posted pics. However, I, being the procrastinator that I am, didn't send off the card until about a week back, so I'm posting this now so I can add it to the party list on time!

So here's the card I made for my dear friend Virginia...


I don't think this card really captures Virginia's style (lots of stampy goodness), but really, it's my take on her. Bright, happy, encouraging, and fresh (in the positive way ;)).
I'd just started posting cards online when I 'met' Virginia, and I hadn't ever gotten very much feedback (until I joined the HA group), so each and every little comment was precious to me. After submitting several cards to the group, I distinctly remember thinking 'Wow! This Virginia lady is really nice - she comments a lot on my stuff!'. Lol, I wasn't so much excited about the actual comment, just the fact someone took the time to comment. ;)


Even to this day, she takes time out of her busy life to leave me thoughtful, encouraging notes on my blog, which are always so appreciated. :)
So here's a BIG happy birthday to my friend Virginia!!! Big hugs! :)


****************************
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: Sassafras, unknown
Other: string, buttons

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, border punch, PTI dies, Cuttlebug

7 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet (little) friend to me, Clare! I call you little because you are my daughter's age!!! The first time I stumbled upon your blog, I thought: "wow, this little girl creates amazing stuff and has such a great eyes for designs..."!! Was I RIGHT or what!? (I think I have a talent in scouting TALENT--heehee)! Thank you for your warm wishes and this card really says it all--lovely and sweet as you! I appreciate you and your kindness, Clare!HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really pretty, Clare! So perfect for Virginia! Love the big numbers and beautiful colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is so sweet...I am sure Virginia love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Clare! Virginia is a lucky lady to receive such a gorgeous card! Happy Birthday to Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love white thick string you used - so pretty!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty, Clare, I know V will love this card, I like the numerical die, love that...I need to get some number dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)