8.07.2012

Bunny birthday

Sharing another pub with you today - this card was published in the Stamp It! Cards '12 magazine by Paper Crafts.
Funny story behind it - I had promised my oldest brother I would make him a birthday card, and I wanted to do something funny and random. So when I looked at the adorable Hero Arts School Animals set, I knew I had to do something with one of those animals.
The card was relatively easy, except for when I had to draw my own balloon (for lack of a good balloon stamp) and cutting out that tiny hat and making sure the little pom-pom on the top stayed attached to the bottom portion of the hat.
Anywho, this card was made totally for fun and to tease my oldest brother, and I got a good laugh out of it being picked up for publication.
Don't worry, my brother got an equally funny birthday card as a replacement (I hadn't given it to him yet). ;)


My friend Virginia just went through a Stretch Your Stamps series, and it reminded me of how I created the bunny's hat.
First, I stamped the tip top triangle from Hero Arts Mi Casa...


And then I stamped the tiny circle from the top of My Cute Stamps Elegant Birds...



Colored them in, and cut it out!


My lack of knowledge when it comes to Copics is shown here - the ink bled through the colored image, and if I colored directly on the black ink (Staz-on apparently doesn't work well with Copics - dur), it'd get fuzzy.

So thanks so much for the your kind comments and for stopping in here today - have a great one! :)

****************************
Cardstock: LSS
Stamps: Hero Arts "School Animals", PTI "Tag It's 2", My Cute Stamps 'Elegant Birds'
Ink: Staz-on
Other: embroidery floss

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, Copics, pen

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh, your post cracked me up! This card was MEANT to be! I am so glad that you got it published in Stamp It! And thanks for mentioning my series (I was surprised to read my name in this post, too!). GENIUS idea to use that little triangle for the party hat! You just made my day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I knew your name as soon as I saw it in that favorite magazone of mine! (Actually you have two on facing pages...how cool! Congrats!) I love this clean and simple cute card...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute Claire! And wow what a way to make a hat! :> Pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute Clare. Congrats of getting this published.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)