10.10.2012

Oi!

...wassup? I was sitting at the library, having just finished a computer science test and a Latin quiz, and thought how long it's been since I've blogged, so here I am!
Plus, the winners of the Paper Crafts blog hop haven't contacted me yet, so this is also a little reminder - winners, you have until this Friday (the 12th), to get back to me with your info, otherwise I'll have to pick some new ones!

On to the card, which I made for this months Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking challenge - it's been so long since I've participated in a challenge, so this feels good. :)

Using an image I made last year when I was going crazy with this stamp set. ;) Love it when I can get into my scrap box and use some up!


Love the snowy, frosted look the glitter gives on the acetate, with those pretty soft gems....


Crimped window frames - seriously, I think this is my old crimper's first appearance on the blog, so let's give it a warm welcome. ;)
For the background, I used a new (to me) technique - that of inking of the image first in Versamark, then Ranger ink, an easy way of getting a colored embossable sentiment/image.


And of course the sentiment in a banner - I pretty much always go with banners when I'm not sure where else to stick the sentiment. ;)

Anyways, thanks so much for stopping in and God bless!

************************************
Cardstock: LSS, Strathamore
Patterned paper: Crate Paper "Portrait" and "Restoration"
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Merriest Christmas Wishes'
Ink: Ranger
Other: embossing powder, blue gems, and glitter (Martha Stewart), ribbon, pearl (Michaels), watercolor pencils (Prismacolor), acetate packaging

Tools: heat gun, crimper, scissors, adhesive, trimmer

5 comments:

  1. wonderful Clare. Love the look you achieved with this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I'd love to rummage around in your scraps if they are all as pretty as this one! The crimped window frames are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful christmas card!!! love the window so much! this looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Clare! Haven't been by to visit in ages - hope college life is treating you well! Your card is beautiful - what's better than the sight of a pretty little red bird in winter? And I had to laugh about the crisper - you may single handed lay revive that old trend! Much love to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)