9.03.2013

Beautiful Day

Stopping in today with a CARDS April '12 pub and another wee tidbit, but first, I just wanted to say thank you for all the sweet comments you left me - I am really terrible at returning the favor, but it is so encouraging that you don't mind. ;)
I still don't know what I need to do with this card. But I got tired of it, and wanted to get it off my super messy desk, so I just stuck it all together.


I was trying a different dying medium on this ribbon, going for a softer yet slightly crinkly look. The crinkles definitely didn't work, and though I like the softness, it's not quite what I was looking for.




I still love my Websters Pages Bloomers, but I haven't used them a whole lot since this card....


Anyways, for that wee tidbit - while I don't know how often I'll be posting on this blog, I've created another blog. Why, you ask?
For two reasons; one, I've had this blog for at least three years, and I kinda feel I've outgrown it. Like, I feel that there are unseen boundaries here that fit pre-college me, but now, just make me feel a little bit contained. This new blog will be a bit more me-ish, a bit more...real life I guess you could say.
Which brings me to reason two (which is more like an extension on reason one); I want to be able to blog a bit about college and cardmaking, which would just feel...strange to me, doing it on this blog. Also, since I'm going to be working a bit in graphic design this semester, I feel that it would fit perfectly into the new blog - kinda combining my school and hobby, as it were.
So officially, this will still be my 'cardmaking' blog, but I will (probably - no promises) be posting more on the second blog. That second blog is Commuter Crafter, because, well, I commute to school and I craft. ;)

Thanks for stopping in today and God bless!
************************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: Crate Paper "Emma's Shoppe"
Stamps: MFT
Ink: Ranger "Walnut Stain" and "Worn Lipstick"
Other: ribbon (Bearydo Shoppe), button (Joann Fabrics), trim (Websters Pages), pearls (Recollection), doily (stash)

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, Cuttlebug, MFT die, MS punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)