9.25.2013

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge

I was supposed to be working on Photoshop last night, but I saw a couple things on the Internet that sparked my cardmaking mojo, and I couldn't help spending an hour to just make this card.
Honestly, I don't know if this card helped me destress by just the process of making it, or stressed me out because I was thinking about the hour I was wasting on it the entire time! But whatever! It's done!

The first thing that triggered my mojo was (fittingly) this Tuesday Trigger photo - usually I kinda scroll through, but this photo just caught my eye...


...and before I knew it, I was making this card! The funny thing was I didn't realize it was a Tuesday Trigger until after I had made the card and was looking to link back to the original blog post.

For the Tuesday Trigger (of course), CASology Cue Card: Autumn, for CASual Fridays: Fall Colors and a LeafReady-Made Embellishment Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, and the Papertrey Ink blog hop (I have a flower wreath of sorts)!


I'm actually posting this in computer lab - I'm working on a project for graphic design class, and while working on it, we have to really implement the design principles we've learned so far. Which is why I'm looking up at my card now and thinking "hm, when I got home, I'm switching those two green cabochons around...I need to shift a couple of the other flowers around as well", because there are some things going on in this card that are throwing some of those design principles out the door. ;)

I hope this post makes sense and doesn't contain too many errors, as I'm in a rush, and I gotta go back to working on my project - wish me luck (and prayers!)

*******************************
Cardstock: Canson
Stamps: WPlus9
Ink: Tim Holtz
Patterned paper: Crate Paper
Other: cabochons, embossing powder, wooden frame

Tools: heat gun, WPlus9 dies, Cuttlebug

45 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card!!
    Love your take on the wreath challenge!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous take on both challenges! I am off to sign up to follow your blog by email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Really!!! This is so stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare..you always amaze me....for me (cause I never know quite when to stop adding to my cards...altho lately I am doing better at it) your cards are so simple but so beauiful, stunning and jaw dropping...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous combination of colours and design elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully designed Clare, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know a thing about design principles, but I know that I like this card! I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is gorgeous! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is GORGEOUS!! Love your take from the TT photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Wow! This is ADORABLE! It's so cute and sweet. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw...now if this is not outstanding, I don't know what is!! So glad that this TT helps you relax! I would love to learn the design principle from you! Here is a hug for ya, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow -oh wow, I love the embellishments and the bold dark center - so awesome!


    Thanks so much for joining us in the FALL Fun this week at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That black banner with the sentiment rocks your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a clever and beautiful simple stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Classic and sophisticated and still clean - lovely card, Clare! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Clare, I love all of the elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is an amazing card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Clare, I think you could be TEACHINg the class on design principles! This card is perfect in my eyes, absolutely gorgeous! Good luck with your class(es) and thanks for squeezing in some time to play along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautifully executed! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wowza! I love this, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think this card is just adorable the way it is! I love the little frame surrounded by the flowers and leaves and the bold banner adds just the right amount of weight to the whole thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is stunning just the way it is. You know, once you know the "rules", you know when it's OK to break them. And I think this works wonderfully in spite o the "rules". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeousness, Clare!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay, you won, Clare! Congrats on your big win!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Clare thisi is a gorgeous card, love that stamp set ;) and the resin flowers. Congrats on being 'trigger target'!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I knew this was a winner Clare, big congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats Clare, love your beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on your deserving Trigger win!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations on your TT win! This is an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing idea! Love how the banner is wrapper around the little collection of flowers and the wooden frame!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Clare! Thanks also for linking this up to the Ready-Made Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ...and congratulations again on your Trigger Target mention! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)