9.19.2015

Step Up Your Embossing // Avery Elle

Today's card is all about increasing the versatility of your dry embossing folders and stepping up the embossing with a little extra detail.


I used the fun Love Triangle embossing folder to emboss my background - I love using this folder, because it works with so many different themes and occasions.


To make the background really pop, I loosely colored the triangles using a Versamarker - I only colored the outside triangles, since the ones in the center were covered up by the piece of fabric.


I promise this will be my last card using the fawn from Storybook for at least a month. As for the other adorable images in the stamp set, I make no such promises. ;)

This card is for the AEI{heart}U non-white card base challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Monday favorite technique challenge (I went with embossing).

Thanks so much for stopping in and have a beautiful day!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Avery Elle "Storybook"
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz
Other: fabric swatch (SEI), gold and white embossing powder (Hampton Arts), clothespin (Darice), patterned paper scraps

Tools: Cuttlebug, Avery Elle Storybook die set, Cuttlebug Love Triangle embossing folder, heat gun, Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags die

4 comments:

  1. sweet.. i have been thinking embossingfolders on my cards are starting to be nonexistant.. so its gr8 you got yours out:) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card.. love that cool background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. The image is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare...Thank you so much for stopping by on my blog!! I want you to know that I also LOVEEE your works!! You are amazing designers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)