10.29.2015

Dotty Watercolors // Throwback Thursday

I've never made a Halloween card, so I don't have any to show you in anticipation for it, but today's card, from April 2013, does use Halloweenish colors.

*****************************************

Yeah, I felt pretty proud of myself on this one...;)


What I did here was heat emboss the image, mask of the edges, and then go to town (get it? ;)) with inking up the back of several small, circular clear stamps and then stamping the little splotches on the paper. I thought the effect was kinda interesting - I don't think I'd be a good judge of the overall card though, because I'm just happy with the fact that I got my hands "dirty" for once.


Thanks so much for stopping in and God bless!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock: Strathamore, Core-dinations
Stamps: Hero Arts, Paper Smooches
Ink: Versamark, Distress Inks
Other: embossing powder (Martha Stewart), gems (Doodlebug)

Tool: heat gun