6.29.2017

Chopped: Cards Edition #3 // Hero Arts

In an unprecendated turn of events, Clare is actually continuing on with one of her many card series, beyond two posts! Crazy, I know. ;)

Today's Chopped card was made for yet another blog hop, months ago. This is a super simple and easy one layer card, using minimal supplies and featuring the super cute Raining Cats and Dogs stamp set.


I think this cat and dog are just the cutest things! I stamped my sentiment first in my favorite black ink, and then the critters in Soft Granite and Charcoal. I filled in the rest of the space by stamping clouds and rain drops in Soft Pool.


It's hard to see the dimension and shine in the pics, but you can definitely tell the colors on the raindrops are slightly off. Why? I used super old Glossy Accents that had a strange greenish tint to it, as I was using a green-headed sewing pin to keep the Glossy Accents tip from drying up.

Why didn't this card make the cut? Like I mentioned above, the old Glossy Accents had a strange greenish tint to them, which through off the Soft Pool color. However, the main reason was because I just could NOT figure out how to photograph this card without it looking super washed out!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Michaels
Stamps: Hero Arts Raining Cats and Dogs
Ink: Hero Arts Soft Pool, Black, Soft Granite and Charcoal

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)