9.13.2017

The Reach of Kindness

I'm a creature of habit. When I find something I really like, I usually stick with it. Examples:
  • Chik-fil-a original sandwich. Nothing else on the menu is as good...(not that I've really explored)
  • McDonald's mocha frappe. Or just mocha frappe by any other name at any other coffee-selling vendor.
  • My mom's Italian meatballs (everything else is 😝)
Hm, well, upon reflection, it appears I'm mostly a food-based creature of habit...but it does extend a bit to my card making!

Case in point: this background.
When I was on a roll making it, I was on a ROLL.

So when I got my hands on the August My Monthly Hero add-on, Astronomical, I just knew the pair were a match made in heaven.


Because the background is so utterly gorgeous (if I do say so myself), I decided to keep it simple with the images. I colored them lightly with Light Gray and Gray Brown, and then die cut them with the coordinating die cuts.

I adhered them to the background using Scrappy Glue, my favorite kind of glue for smaller, delicate pieces and also slicker surfaces, such as this embossed background.


HERE'S a video showing how I made the background, but here's a quick overview:
  1. Blend Hero Arts Grape Juice, Ultra Pink, Soft Apricot, and Navy. You could play around with other pinks and oranges, but it's really the Grape Juice and the Navy that really ties everything together for me.
  2. Cover dried inks with Versamark, and heat emboss using Hero Arts clear Sparkle embossing powder (aka, the best stuff EVER invented!!). I feel like this is the most essential, as it seems to really blend the background together.
  3. Die cut using the Hero Arts Star Confetti die. (you could do this step last and get two cards - check the video for details!)
You can really get a lot out of this project - the video itself shows how to get two backgrounds from this process, and you could even get three projects, if you used the die cut stars as confetti.


I die cut a shimmery navy panel using the Rectangle Infinity dies, and then tucked a white heat embossed vellum sentiment behind it.

Thanks for much for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Michaels
Stamps: Hero Arts Astronomical
Ink: Versamark, Hero Arts Grape JuiceUltra PinkSoft Apricot, and Navy, ZIG Light Gray and Gray Brown
Other: Hero Arts White and clear Sparkle embossing powder

Tools: heat gun, Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Astronomical Frame CutsStar Confetti and Rectangle Infinity dies

1 comment:

  1. This is Stellar, Clare! :) Seriously, out-of-this-world COOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)